EXPO PRADO 2018
The biggest fair of agro in Uruguay has its 113rd edition from 5th to 16th September, 2018. Don’t miss the chance of visit the International Livestock Exhibition and International Agro Industrial and Commercial Exhibition.
All info here:
A list of countries that DO NOT REQUIRE VISA for entry into Uruguay can be obtained here.
Eventually, the Consular Mission may ask for additional information. Please find the nearest Consular mission (Oficina Consular) here.
Diplomatic or Official passport holders are requested to contact the nearest Uruguayan Embassy or Consular Mission in order get additional information of visa necessity.
Those participants, whose flights make a stop in other countries, must pay special attention to the requirements of these countries, since they may need an entry or transit Visa to the country or change of Airport (the latter can occur on flights making a stop in Buenos Aires, San Pablo or Rio de Janeiro).
In case of special assistance to obtain visa, please contact Mr. Gastón Ciganda at the Secretary of the conference.
Mrs. Valentina Henderson
Tel.: +598 2401 0534 Ext. 106
Possessors of ordinary passport of countries NOT included in the previous list will need visa to enter Uruguay. In this case, participants are strongly advised to seek information on requirements applicable in their case from Uruguayan diplomatic or consular missions in their home countries at least 15 days prior to the trip.
The following documents are required:
- Valid passport.
- A round‐trip airline or bus ticket.
- Hotel booking in your name or name of the person, address and phone number of the place where you will stay.
- If applicable, invitation letter received from Uruguay.
The meeting will take place in the Uruguayan spring, with temperatures in Montevideo between 45° and 65° F.
For more information please check here.
The official currency of Uruguay is the “Peso Uruguayo”. American dollars are usually accepted in main shops. Foreign currencies may be changed into Uruguayan Peso at banks or private exchange offices called “Casas de Cambio”.
Banks are open from 1 PM to 5 PM and exchange offices from 9 AM to 5 PM.
The exchange rate in Uruguay is floating free but stable, currencies rates can be consulted at www.bcu.gub.uy
Notes in circulation:
Coins in circulation:
Montevideo, capital city of Uruguay, harmoniously combines modernity and tradition. Ancient architectural treasures such as the Cabildo, the Cathedral and the Gate of the Citadel, architectural styles such as Art Nouveau and Art Deco buildings and modern ones as the Communications Building, provides the city with a unique identity.
The capital’s promenade, balcony access to more than 30 kilometres of coastline, is one of the main attributes of Montevideo and a must ride for its inhabitants who often use it to drink mate and for long walks. So are lots of green spaces and parks that allow multiple outdoor options.
Montevideo also has a wide cultural scene. For example, the theatre productions, remarkably extensive and varied, include either classic shows as modern or alternative.
In museums, cultural centres and art galleries you can appreciate the art of a wide range of artists of international scope such as Juan Manuel Blanes, Rafael Barradas, Pedro Figari, Joaquín Torres García, José Cuneo and Ignacio Iturria among others.
- Gastronomic services, whenever offered by restaurants, bars, canteens, sweets/pastry shops, cafeterias, tea houses and similar places, hotels, motels, apartment hotels, hostels, tourist ranches, countryside hotels, touristic farms, countryside lodges, countryside houses, camping areas, provided that said services do not fall in the category of lodging.
- Car rental without driver. 10.5% return on price paid for rental of lodging for touristic purposes to non resident renters, provided that the rental was arranged via registered real estate agents and purchase was made via foreign credit or debit card. Credit / debit company must include discount from the POS receipt, in the account statement.
Other benefits for tourists include:
- Tax Free status. For purchases made from partner stores in addition to fulfilling the requirements at the time of the purchase prior to leaving the country through; Carrasco International Airport, Laguna del Sauce Airport, Montevideo Port, Colonia Port, Punte del Este Arrivals Terminal, Salto Bridge—Concordia, Paysandú Bridge,— Colón and Fray Bentos Bridge— Unzué Port – Chuy. The necessary formalities for returning via the aforementioned points of entry must be complete prior to departure from the country.
- VTA 0% in Hotels. Benefit extended to tourists with valid I.D. In this case as VAT is never paid, no return will be made.
- May be paid in Uruguayan pesos, Argentine pesos, Reales or Dollars.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Uruguay time zone is GMT ‐ 0300 hours.
AC power voltage in Uruguay is 220 V, 50 Hz.
Find below most outlets used: